Monday, September 23, 2013

The Beginning...



Let's go back to the beginning, to what started this whole thing.  I've heard too many stories, from too many brides about not getting what they want, about making compromises and sacrifices, not getting what they really want on their wedding day.  To quote the first issue "I overheard a conversation between two well respected, long established wedding pros about dealing with difficult brides, I know they exist, but the stories they were telling just didn’t seem like difficult brides to me, just brides that were looking to make their wedding day what they wanted, not what tradition or convention said it should be.  As I stood there, continuing to listen, one of them said something that appalled me and has stuck with me ever since: 'Just because you saw it in a magazine, Honey, doesn’t mean that you can actually have it.'”  

Why? Why couldn't this bride that they were talking about have a cake on every table as the centerpiece? Why couldn't my client's sister's backyard wedding have hay bales for seating? Why couldn't that one bride have live goldfish as part of her reception decoration? I think that we could have all of this and more if we hire the right people. I think that your wedding day should be everything you want it to be no matter how unconventional. Listen to the experts, listen to their reasons why they think their way is better but remember that it is your wedding. If you want everyone to sit on hay bales understand that you might need to have something over them so no one gets scratched or bitten. You want live goldfish understand that some might die and you need someone in charge of replacing dead goldfish before everyone else arrives.

This is why we're here. To help you get what you want. It could be all by yourself or it could be with the help of wedding professionals. either way, you're the bride (or groom), it's your day. Make it what you want!

No comments:

Post a Comment